The Daily Knightline
Unity Christian High School
Monday, April 19
Monday: French toast sticks, sausage, hash browns, carrot sticks, mandarin oranges, apple or ham salad bar
Tuesday: Chicken Cordon Bleu, cheesy potatoes, mixed veggies, dinner roll, pineapple, strawberries or taco salad bar
* Girls and Boys Track Meets are CANCELLED.
* 4:30 p.m. Girls Soccer vs. Sioux Center at Unity
* 4:30 p.m. Golf at Hinton - dismiss at 2:45
* Grandparents Day 9:30 a.m. - 11:50 a.m.
* Chapel - Please bring a pen or pencil to chapel tomorrow.
* All Boys Interested in playing basketball please meet in the Knight Center right after chapel.
* 7:00 p.m. Boys soccer vs. Sioux Center Away
*Boys Golf placed 5th in the Unity Invite on Saturday. Jack Dykstra was runner up medalist.
*Boys Track: Logan Franken won the Elite 100 and Tanner finished 3rd.
Tyler, Logan, Clayton, and Tanner won the 4x1 and 4x2 with 2 meet records and both time again both the school records. Cody Feikema placed 3rd in the High Jump and 5th in the long jump.
* Girls Track: Gracie Schoonhoven placed 1st in the 400 hurdles. Molly Zylstra placed 3rd in the high jump, and Aubrey De Groot placed 5th. Janie Schoonhoven, Jenna Bouma, Emma Byker and Gracie Schoonhoven placed 2nd in the 4x400. Anna Heynen, Molly Zylstra, Janie Schoonhoven and Gracie Schoonhoven placed 4th in the Sprint Medley.
* Congratulations to Logan Franken for qualifying in the 100 meter for the Drake Relays! Also qualifying for the Drake Relays are Tyler Wieringa, Logan Franken, Clayton Bosma and Tanner Schouten who will run the 4x100 and 4x200. Molly Zylstra qualified for the Drake Relays in the high jump.
*Living Group leaders: please pick up an instruction sheet and materials for tomorrow's chapel in the office sometime today. Only one set is needed per living group.
* Nerwen Cao received our highest score on our local American Math Competition exam in February. Her score was also one of the top 5 scores in our section of the country for 12 graders. She will receive the Akamai AMC 12B Certificate of Excellence. Congrats Nerwen!
* The Advanced Sculpture class will be firing ceramics in an outdoor pit firing in the near future. A variety of organic materials will leave a variety of colors on the pottery. Following is a list of materials that can be used.
Seaweed and driftwood (in Iowa?)
Dried banana peels
Dried citrus fruits and skins
Avocado skins and stones
Pistachio shells and other nut shells
Copper wire (to wrap around pots)
If you could save any of these materials and bring them to school in the next couple of weeks, it would be greatly appreciated. For the fruit peels that need to be dried, you could probably lay them out on your driveway on a sunny day. If they are not quite dry I can dry them more in an oven. Thank you, Rudy Folkerts